US spec NA - first technical inspection in Poland

Is it difficult to pass the first inspection and registration of US Spec Miata NA in Poland?

English speaking subforum for MX-5/ MIATA users all around the world. Please, english language only.

Moderator: Moderatorzy

Awatar użytkownika
gedas165
Model: NA
Wersja: 1.6l 1992

07 lis 2020, 12:52

Hi dear mates,

I am living in the Netherlands and I have a US Spec, unmodified 1992 Miata NA 1.6l.
I am moving to Krakow and am considering to take the Miata with me.

However, I am worried about the technical inspection and registration. The car is registered in NL but I am afraaid regarding more strict Polish technical requirements.

My car has:
  • Air bag light is on, sport steering wheel with airbag removed
    Sports air intake (not orginial box)
    No 3rd brake light
    No turn indicators at the side of the car
    Front turn indicators are white (not orange)
    No rear fog light
I am looking for someone who has experience registering US miata who could consult me what is needed to pass.
Also if somebody would like to work on the car to solve these problems in Krakow.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Yours,
Gediminas (That's my auto below).
Załączniki
IMG_20200419_185656n.jpg
IMG_20200419_185656n.jpg (2.5 MiB) Przejrzano 2573 razy
polly
Model: Inny

08 lis 2020, 7:22

Hi Gediminas,

Contact Top Down Motors https://www.facebook.com/TopDownMotors/
I believe Piotrek will help you with all mechanical stuff. It's couple kms from Kraków.
In case you will need some legal/translation help you can reach out to me.

With list that you sent should be good. There is nothing big that can be a problem with passing technical inspection.
Don't hesitate to contact me if you need more informations.
Awatar użytkownika
tomasz01
Donator
Donator
Model: NB
Wersja: Magic

08 lis 2020, 7:46

Hi,
there are a fewa US specs miatas here (inluding mine) and some thingd may cause problems with inspection, but it all depends on the place where you take your miata for inspection.
Basically you should only be "worried" about missing fog light (I have place mine in one of the reverse lights using a strone LED red bulb) and airbag-light on.

Contacting Top Down Motors is really the best thing you can do to solve those and all other things in your car! ;)
ODPOWIEDZ