Painting PRHT (in/near Warsaw)

English speaking subforum for MX-5/ MIATA users all around the world. Please, english language only.

Moderator: Moderatorzy

Harry
Model: NC
Wersja: 1.8 PRHT

06 kwie 2022, 13:29

Can anybody recommend a paintshop in or near to respray the composite panels of my 2006 PRHT? The paint on those panels really needs to be redone but I can't find anywhere to do it. Two trusted places just flat out refused (I think because it's composite and also due to the seals needing to be removed and refitted) and a third quoted 25,000 for a full respray (they wouldn't do the roof only).

Failing that, can anybody recommend somewhere that can wrap the three panels?
Danillo
Donator
Donator
Model: Inny
Wersja: ND1

10 kwie 2022, 17:34

Hi Harry, cannot recommend any particular paint shop but respraying the panels itself should not be a rocket science. Maybe nobody wants to dismantle PRHT mechanism? It is a must as I don’t believe respraying it on the car is feasible. Solution would be to have the roof dismantled by known mechanics like Michał or Przemek and then have it delivered for painting? Send me PM if you need contact details.
Pozdrawiam, Danillo
Harry
Model: NC
Wersja: 1.8 PRHT

13 kwie 2022, 23:06

Danillo pisze:
10 kwie 2022, 17:34
Hi Harry, cannot recommend any particular paint shop but respraying the panels itself should not be a rocket science. Maybe nobody wants to dismantle PRHT mechanism? It is a must as I don’t believe respraying it on the car is feasible. Solution would be to have the roof dismantled by known mechanics like Michał or Przemek and then have it delivered for painting? Send me PM if you need contact details.
Two of the places refused to paint the roof whether on or off the car (according to US forums it's possible to paint the roof while still on the car). They said they simply won't paint that carbonate.

Looks like I'll have to wrap those panels. Not a disaster but not my first choice either.
ODPOWIEDZ