DET3 with mx5

English speaking subforum for MX-5/ MIATA users all around the world. Please, english language only.

Moderator: Moderatorzy

windymiller

07 lip 2013, 21:40

Hi I joined for some information on the DET3 ecu that is used in Poland. I found some guys using the ecu when I searched in google but the translate is very poor.

I need to ask if you can use the DET3 to advance timing using the hall sensor signal from the CAS sensor. I think it would be possible to use the 4 point signal from the CAS sensor and configure the DET3 in ignition to "multi tooth" Maybe someone can help or maybe ask the forum for me in Polish and try to tell me the answer?

thanks

Dan
Mayk
Model: NB FL
Wersja: 1.6T

07 lip 2013, 22:37

Hi!

You can't use DET3 like that, you can only use it to retard single signal. ECU Master has only one ignition input which you can use for hall sensors.

Mayk
110@???KM
134@???Nm
Kurak
Model: NA
Kontakt:

07 lip 2013, 22:57

Im not really familiar with how these things work, but if the only problem lies within the translation of 4 peaks into one that can be very easily achieved with an arbitrary microcontroller; just every 4th interrupt needs to trigger an inverted dirac impulse on the output.
windymiller

08 lip 2013, 0:24

Mayk pisze:Hi!

You can't use DET3 like that, you can only use it to retard single signal. ECU Master has only one ignition input which you can use for hall sensors.

Mayk

Thank you mayk but why can we not use the sgt signal which has 4 points per 720deg as the trigger? So we set up "multi tooth" in the drop down, "hall sensor" input and then 4 signals every 720deg.....

I was thinking of advancing the cas to the maximum and then retarding back to stock timing using the det3 ecu and starting to tune from there but the injection timing also uses the cas signals so that will not work

[ Dodano: 08-07-2013, 01:26 ]
Kurak pisze:Im not really familiar with how these things work, but if the only problem lies within the translation of 4 peaks into one that can be very easily achieved with an arbitrary microcontroller; just every 4th interrupt needs to trigger an inverted dirac impulse on the output.

There are two signals from the cas hall sensors... an sgt signal which has 4 positions every 720deg and an sgc signal which has 2 but of different lengths to decide the tdc position

see here :kciuk: http://www.rivercityroad.com/garage/cas.htm

[ Dodano: 09-07-2013, 00:02 ]
Ok im going to just do it and see what happens, I think I can get it to work by advancing the cas to say 18btdc ignition timing and starting off at -8deg across the ignition table. I think running in FIT mode with only batch fire means that optimising the injection timing isn't possible anyway (thanks to another mx5 owner for making me see this)

But I will try to get it working advance/retard properly by using the 4 pulse signal first

I want to tune na first and then bolt turbo on and tune again so im properly used to the ecu

Is there wiring info for mk1 1.8 cars with det3 here?
ODPOWIEDZ